Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 3 Searching the Internet

Searching the Internet effectively teaches you tips on how to search the Internet. I must say that I do not go through all the steps every time I want to search for something. I usually type the word that comes to mind. I did learn some tips as I went along. I am not a pro at searching. I can honestly say that I didn't know how to use the plus sign and the quotation marks until last year.
Something that I learned just now is the difference between a search engine and a subject directory. I guess we learn something new everyday.

2 comments:

Mrs. McFeely said...

Like you, I'm still learning how to refine my searches. My new favorite is using advance search to find similar pages. Now, I won't have to take shots in the dark with similar keywords only.

Mr. Colcord's Blog said...

I never refine my searches. Instead I keep redirecting and re-phrasing my search criteria. This leads to stress and a lot of time spent searching and less spent on reading. It is really important that we take the time to teach our students how to successfully search the Internet in an effective manner. Like the 3M approach.